There are a lot of things that you must consider when it comes time to seeking out the best Christian marriage retreat. For example, consider some of the following questions:
- Marriage is a committed partnership between a man and a woman.
- Marriage is a mystical union of a man and woman. Passionate love is a spiritual union created and ordained by God. This mystical union of oneness is reflected in counseling that strives toward spiritual, physical, and emotional oneness.
- Marriage is a cooperative effort between equal partners. One sex was not created superior to the other.
- Marriage was designed by God intended to be received as a gift.
- Marriage is intended to enrich our lives through emotional vulnerability and openness. Even as Adam & Eve were not aware of their nakedness marriage allows a relationship of growing openness through physical, emotional and spiritual intimacy.
- Marriage requires submission of both partners to God. Each spouse honors and follows the Christ-centered example of humility and obedience to God. This kind of mutual submission in an atmosphere of love increases respect and harmony.
- Oneness in marriage means caring for your spouse as you care for yourself. Helping your spouse to be all that God created them to be.
- The creation story says God plans that husband and wife shall become one. For this to truly take place divine help will be necessary. Two people become one as each defers to God and trusts in Him to empower their love for each other.
2) Are the counselors sincerely vested in your success as a couple? Your most cherished relationship deserves a marriage retreat that has a pro-marriage stance.
3) Are the counselors well trained and licensed to be doing this type of work?
4) Are they an experienced and capable counseling team? Do they understand the patterns of marital discord to discern and render intervention quickly and effectively? What experience do they have assisting conflicted couples in the midst of discord?
5) Do they guide their counseling and advice on sound Biblical principles?
6) Do they have a good track record of success helping married couples to overcome their struggles and rejuvenate their marriage?
7) Are they a husband-wife counseling team that offer a personalized couple-to-couple retreat that is individualized for your needs?
8) Do they know how to bring you into God’s presence? Changing our heart toward our spouse begins with honoring our spiritual relationship to God.
These are all important questions to answer. So how does one go about choosing the right counselors to trust your marriage recovery plan to?
Remember, you are looking for someone who is equally strong in their counseling knowledge and their faith in the word of God. Just because a person claims to be a Christian counselor, does not necessarily mean that it is true, or that they have the type, level, and strength of faith that you are looking for and need in your marriage right now. Find out if your counselor incorporates prayer and scripture into their counseling practice. Does he know how to take you into the presence of God. These topics might not seem like a big deal, at first, but they are really important if you are honestly searching for a counselor who will guide you according to sound biblical principles in your marriage. If you want to get the most from your couples retreat and experience a real positive change in your life together with your spouse in your marriage, then it is important that you choose a Christian retreat where these questions are answered in a manner that empowers you to flourish successfully as a couple.
Power and Compassion Christian Counseling centers on the Holy Bible, and allows God’s Word to be incorporated as a foundational cornerstone that every marriage can build upon.
Dale and Adi are faith-filled believers who promote a faith-filled counseling atmosphere where the miraculous becomes possible. Dale and Adi Lee are both licensed counseling practitioners in the state of Montana. They have had the opportunity to help restore the marriages of couples in their retreat center for the past seven years, and together they bring a combined experience of over 40 years of counseling to their Christian Marriage Retreats. Their advanced graduate degrees and years of experience afford you the opportunity to restore your marriage without trial and error approaches. Over 90% of the couples attending the marriage retreat leave with a restored marriage along with communication and conflict resolution tools necessary to maintain their relationship.
Power & Compassion Counseling offers a unique team approach which provides a personalized, one-on-one approach to counseling. As a married counseling team Dale and Adi naturally promote gender-balanced validation of your needs whether male or female. Together, Dale and Adi relate to both you and your spouse in a very deep and profound way, ensuring that both of your voices get heard, ensuring that your hopes and aspirations are not only accomplished but superseded during your marriage retreat.
Power & Compassion Counseling is exclusively focused on your needs during your weekend retreat. You do not have to compete with other couples. The intensive format means time is on your side. You and your spouse are not limited to one hour weekly counseling sessions. The counseling sessions are open-ended, typically 2 to 3 hours per session. Timing for the counseling sessions are governed by your needs and the requirement of emotional closure and allowing your voice to be fully heard. The intensive format of Power & Compassion counseling allows you to compress the equivalent of five and one half months of one hour weekly sessions into a systematic counseling intervention that leverages maximum gains.
Please feel free to give Dale and Adi a call at (406)-253-6427 to talk with them about the unique benefits and services that they can provide. Ask them what they can do to help restore your marriage relationship.